The quintessential water safari experience awaits at Camp Okavango, an enchanting property set on a remote island at the heart of the delta.
Surrounded by water, game viewing is not in 4x4 safari vehicles but in motor boats and traditional dug-out canoes. Gliding along the Okavango’s meandering waterways allows guests to see the local birds and wildlife from a totally different perspective. Keen anglers can test their skill against bream and tiger fish, whilst guided bush walks are a great opportunity to track some of the larger land-based species that inhabit this water wonderland.
Accommodation is in airy, East African-style tents, each raised on a teak platform. Sliding glass doors open onto private viewing decks where you’ll find serene views over the floodplains. The secluded bird-viewing hide is a great spot for quiet relaxation and contemplation, while the rim-flow swimming pool is perfect for cooling off during the midday heat. The dining area leads out onto an expansive open-air patio where tranquil evenings are enjoyed around the fire pit.
Camp Okavango, at a glance
- Enchanting African safari camp on the remote Nxaragha Island
- 12 beautifully furnished safari suites, including one honeymoon cottage
- Large ensuite bathrooms with showers
- Sliding glass doors open onto private viewing decks with floodplain views
- The main lodge features a cocktail bar, sitting area and wildlife reference library
- Open-air patio which is perfect for brunch and afternoon tea
- Dining options include a choice of African and international fare
- Experienced team of professional guides
For leisure and pleasure
- Water-based safari by mokoro (traditional dug-out canoe) and motorboat
- Guided nature walks on nearby islands
- Outstanding birdwatching
- Seasonal fishing for bream and tiger fish
- Sundeck with an inviting plunge pool
- Bird viewing hide
- Elevated observation platform with views of the tranquil floodplains
- Rim-flow swimming pool and thatched lounge deck
- Learn about the fine art of traditional basket weaving