12 clifftop villas with glorious Indian Ocean views, this dreamy, adults-only hideaway has a reputation for warm hospitality and delectable cuisine.
A new addition to Zanzibar Collection’s prestigious portfolio, Zawadi Hotel is a small boutique property set on Zanzibar’s sought-after southeast coast. Framed by swaying coconut palms and flowering bougainvillaea, the 12 villas are generously sized and designed to maximise the gorgeous views. Amenities include private plunge pools and expansive, ocean-facing terraces where you can drink in the dazzling sunrises and sunsets.
Just below the infinity pool lies a tranquil cove of soft white sand where guests can swim in warm Indian Ocean waters and enjoy snorkelling straight from the beach. Scuba diving, kite surfing and stand-up paddle boarding can be easily arranged, and you can even explore the nearby mangrove swamps aboard the hotel’s own traditional dhow. Otherwise, indulge in a massage, sip on a freshly cut coconut from a nearby palm tree and enjoy the hotel’s warm Swahili hospitality. The cuisine is excellent with an emphasis on fresh seafood.
Zawadi Hotel, at a glance
- Intimate, all-inclusive beach resort set atop a cliff on Zanzibar’s beautiful southeast coast
- Unrivalled views across the Indian Ocean
- 12 light and airy villas with neutral tones, ensuite bathrooms and private pools
- Expansive ocean-facing verandas with sun loungers
- Relaxed atmosphere and a pared-back, beach-chic decor
- Breakfast and dinner served in the open-sided Drift Wood Dining Room, with lunch and drinks available at the Mswakini Beach Bar
- Guests are welcome to use the facilities at sister properties Breezes and Baraza
For leisure and pleasure
- Snorkelling and swimming in crystal clear Indian Ocean waters
- Learn how to scuba dive at the PADI five-star Rising Sun Dive Centre
- Explore the mangrove swamps in a traditional dhow
- Enjoy an array of water sports including kite surfing, windsurfing, kayaking, fishing and stand-up paddle boarding
- Small spa, open-air gym and infinity pool framed by sun loungers
- Learn how to palm weave on the beach, play the bao game and learn how to prepare Swahili food with the locals