Close to attractions like the Three Brothers, Riga Castle and Riga Cathedral, the Grand Palace Hotel occupies a prime location in Riga’s UNESCO-listed Old Town centre.
A stately mansion set amidst cobblestone streets and illuminated by crystal chandeliers, the Grand Palace Hotel offers a sumptuous stay in Latvia’s cultural capital. Originally built in 1877 as the Central Bank of Latvia, the building was converted into a boutique hotel some 20 years ago, and still feels wonderfully opulent with its huge front doors, Ottoman-style rugs and gold-painted fittings. Rooms and suites are generously sized and elegantly appointed with old framed prints and dark wooden furnishings. The perfect retreat in between sightseeing.
Stay here on your tailor-made holiday and you’ll find the city’s many museums and galleries on your doorstep, as well as all of its beautiful Art Nouveau buildings. Walking tours can be arranged by the concierge, as well as golf reservations, opera tickets and yachting on the Daugava River. For dining, the hotel boasts the lavish French-inspired Restaurant Orangerie - complete with large gilt mirrors, dark purple drapes and sparkling chandeliers - as well as the cosy Pils Bar where innovative dishes are crafted from the finest Baltic ingredients. The hotel also has an open-air summer terrace where you can watch the world go by.
Grand Palace Hotel, at a glance
- Sophisticated boutique hotel surrounded by UNESCO-listed monuments in Riga’s Old Town
- The building was originally built in 1877 as the Central Bank of Latvia
- 56 rooms and suites designed by British interior designer Andrew Martin
- Spacious ensuite bathrooms with heated black-and-white tiled floors and walk-in showers or bathtubs
- Impeccable, attentive service
- Restaurant Orangerie serving a fusion of Asian and European dishes
- Pils Bar and Restaurant decorated with unique artwork and hunting trophies
- Latvia’s only member of The Leading Hotels of the World
For leisure and pleasure
- Within walking distance of top Riga attractions, including the Riga Cathedral and famous Art Nouvaeu district
- Health Club including a fitness room, sauna and steam bath
- Cultural city tours including guided walking tours of Riga’s atmospheric Old Town
- Bespoke concierge service offering everything from opera tickets to golf reservations
- Wonderful open-air terrace for the summer months