Bali’s best-kept secret, the undeniably luxurious Menjangan Resort offers a relaxed gateway to the natural treasures of the West Bali National Park.
Menjangan lies in a secluded corner of the park, a beautiful yet little-visited wilderness home to sambar deer, macaques and the rare Bali starling. With a private beach at its feet, a stay here is a chance to recharge in idyllic natural surroundings. There is excellent trekking, cycling and horseback riding to be had, whilst nearby Menjangan Island boasts some of Indonesia’s best diving. You can even kayak across the shimmering waters of Bajul Bay, seeking out secret sandy beaches.
Between excursions, drop by the waterside spa for a treatment, or enjoy a lazy afternoon splash in the gorgeous turquoise pool. Accommodation varies from sleek Joglo-style villas just steps from the waves to Monsoon suites nestled in the heart of the forest. All are beautifully designed with traditional roofing and minimalist furniture. Floor-to-ceiling windows provide superb views of the surroundings. Before retreating to their luxurious personal sanctuary, guests are treated to sunset cocktails and delicious Indonesian cuisine up in the treetops.
The Menjangan, at a glance
- Stunning boutique resort set amidst a 382-hectare estate on the northwest tip of Bali
- The largest property within the boundaries of West Bali National Park
- Choice of 22 deluxe rooms, suites and villas nestled in the forest or on the private beach
- The exclusive Menjangan Residence, which is perched on the cliff, is particularly suited to families
- Crafted from wood and thatch with modern, minimalist interiors and natural textures
- Large windows and wide balconies to relax on
- Impressive Bali Tower offering panoramic views over the park to the ocean
- Two spectacular restaurants serving Western and Indonesian dishes
For leisure and pleasure
- Private beach of golden coral sand
- Walking, mountain biking and horse riding through the forest
- Incredible birdwatching with more than 120 species to find
- Kayaking through lush mangroves
- Cruises in the shimmering waters of Bajul Bay
- Snorkel and dive safaris on world-class coral reefs on nearby Menjagan Island
- Explore the park by double-decker safari-style minibuses
- Balinese cooking classes
- Lagoon-style turquoise outdoor pool
- Soothing spa treatments in the Mangrove Spa