Wander along the wisteria-laden arbour and gaze at the horizon wide view stretching over the grand old town of Florence. Linger over lunch, or an after dinner cocktail with the valley spread out beneath you. Open the curtains of your suite in the early morning and prepare to be swept away by the view. You will be constantly shocked by the beauty of the place, and continually grateful that you put the Belmond Villa San Michele on the itinerary of your luxury, tailor-made holiday to Italy.
Especially as the cuisine competes with the scenery for your attention; it is served in an unsurpassed 16th century arched terrace, or in historic inside rooms, and is generally acknowledged to be amongst the finest to be found in Florence. No mean accolade.
Belmond Villa San Michele, at a glance
- Luxurious hotel – once a 15th century Renaissance monastery - with sweeping views over Florence
- Choice of large double rooms with, typically, tented bed heads, superb views and stylish en suites
- Glamorous suites with separate living rooms
- Michelangelo suite (for example) stretches the full length of the hotel
- Limonaia suite and villa
- Acclaimed La Loggia restaurant and bar serving the finest Tuscan cuisine, plus poolside restaurant/bar and private banqueting rooms
For leisure and pleasure
- Heated swimming pool with panoramic views over the Arnos Valley and Florence
- Fitness centre with personal trainer
- Italian gardens with walking path and massage gazebo
- Complimentary shuttle service to the heart of Florence
- Activities including wine tasting, chocolate making, Vespa tours of Tuscany, art and rafting tours of Florence
- Cookery school conducted by master chefs