With its seven swimming pools, state-of-the-art fitness centre, tennis academy, Michelin-starred restaurants and championship golf course, the Ritz-Carlton Abama abounds in first-class facilities which it combines with a secluded location on Tenerife’s southern coast.
Boasting a majestic clifftop setting, the 160-hectare Ritz-Carlton Abama is an exclusive, five-star resort in peaceful Guia de Isora. The sprawling estate centres around a pink, Moorish-style ‘citadel’ framed by swathes of subtropical gardens and overlooking panoramic views of the Atlantic. There are over 450 guestrooms and suites, each tastefully decorated in neutral shades and with the attention to detail you’d expect of a Ritz-Carlton hideaway.
When not getting pampered in the expansive spa or practising your swing at the 18-hole ocean-view golf course, your days can be spent indulging in an array of land and sea adventures, from wine tastings and cooking classes to whale watching, paragliding and guided volcano hikes. Don’t forget to ride the funicular down to the resort’s private beach, a stunning crescent of golden sand where you can snorkel and sunbathe whilst waiters bring you iced refreshments. Children of all ages are well catered for thanks to the excellent Ritz Kids programme which offers a fun menu of fun water, land and science-based activities.
For the evening, there’s a whole menu of restaurants - from Michelin-starred Japanese-fusion to Argentinian grill - as well as a café and four completely different bars.
The Ritz-Carlton Abama, at a glance
- Exclusive 160-hectare private estate, tucked away in one of Tenerife’s most secluded areas
- Framed by lush tropical gardens dotted with palms, cacti and colourful flowers
- Choice of 459 light and spacious guestrooms and suites, including the very private, adults-only ‘Tagor’ Villas
- Marble-tiled ensuites with separate showers and deep soaking tubs
- Breathtaking panoramic views of the Atlantic Ocean
- 10 different dining options and three bars, including a Japanese-fusion restaurant helmed by a Michelin-starred chef
- Within easy reach of the fishing village of Playa San Juan
For leisure and pleasure
- No less than seven heated swimming pools and two natural pools
- Private sandy beach accessed by a funicular carriage
- Expansive spa offering 14 treatment rooms as well as a hydrotherapy pool, sauna, Turkish hammam, steam bath, cold plunge pool and yoga pavilion
- State-of-the-art fitness centre with an array of exercise machines including spinning bikes on the outdoor terrace
- Make use of the jogging and hiking trails winding through the botanical gardens
- Floodlit tennis courts and academy
- Superb ocean-view golf course, club and facilities
- Ritz Kids program offering an array of water, land and science-based activities as well as treasure hunts and mini-theatre performance