A secluded, red-brick country house surrounded by its own leafy grounds, family-owned Hayfield Manor is arguably Cork’s finest hotel.
Located across from the University College Cork, Hayfield Manor exudes period-style elegance with its double-wing oak staircase, Georgian-style windows and mature walled gardens. A warm ambience can be felt throughout the property, from the classically-styled guestrooms to the antiquated library with its leather armchairs and blazing fireplace. Hayfield’s award-winning restaurant, Orchids, overlooks the lovely gardens and provides a charming candle-lit setting in which to enjoy contemporary Irish cuisine – all expertly prepared from seasonal local ingredients. For an indulgent afternoon tea, head to the drawing-room.
Other facilities include an airy fitness studio and luxurious spa with multiple treatment rooms. Plus a beautiful heated indoor pool with magnificent floor-to-ceiling windows that let in floods of natural light. The communal areas are full of cosy little nooks for hiding away with a good book. Otherwise, Hayfield Manor is a fine base for immersing yourself in Cork’s rich history and culture. You’ll find yourself within easy distance of the city centre where you can visit the 18th century English Market, as well as attractions like Blarney Castle, Kinsale and the famous old Jameson whiskey distillery.
Hayfield Manor, at a glance
- Family-owned boutique hotel with an inviting country house ambience on the edge of Cork
- Two acres of leafy grounds studded with centuries-old trees
- 88 individually decorated guestrooms (including three Grand Suites and one Master Suite) with unique upholstery, crisp white linens and rich furnishings
- Attentive team of loyal staff offering personal yet professional service
- Two distinct restaurants serving award-winning Irish cuisine, as well as a garden bistro and bar
- Member of Good Food Ireland, promoting local and artisan food producers in its menus
- A 15-minute drive from Cork Airport
For leisure and pleasure
- A short distance from the heart of Cork and attractions like Kinsale, Blarney Castle, St Fin Barre’s Cathedral and 17th century Elizabeth Fort
- Spa with an outdoor Jacuzzi, six treatment rooms, sauna and steam room
- 17 metre indoor heated swimming pool
- Fully equipped, bright and airy fitness studio
- Old-fashioned library connected to the pretty walled garden
- Sample the hotel’s popular Afternoon Tea in the drawing room
- Private dining in the hotel’s subterranean wine cellar