With hindsight it is obvious. As you observe, close up, the unique animals and birdlife of the Galapagos Islands you will be struck with the idea of separate, isolated evolution. But, of course, it is a concept with which you are familiar. Imagine the sensation of dawning realisation that must have fallen into the mind of Charles Darwin as he made the discovery which changed the way we now see the development of all life on Earth.
Today, of course, the Galapagos Islands are carefully preserved and monitored. But the sleek Petrel Catamaran will take you quietly and swiftly to places where you can watch mighty whales breaching the sea in an explosion of spray. You’ll observe huge marine iguanas basking on black rocks, see comical blue footed boobies greeting their partners, follow the slow deliberate wanderings of giant tortoises and gain insight from discussions and talks by expert naturalists.
And all the time you’ll be cruising in comfort. The Petrel is purpose designed to be one of – if not the – quietest, most rapid and most stable of all the ships currently cruising around the Galapagos Islands. You’ll even be able to indulge in a Jacuzzi on the upper sun deck, as you cruise.
Petrel, at a glance
- Just two suites, six double staterooms and one single stateroom, so exclusivity is assured
- All cabins are 'outside' with private balconies
- Upper sun deck offering superb panoramic viewing plus a jacuzzi
- Kayaks, snorkelling gear and wetsuits available
- Fine dinning
- Rear observation porch
- Bar and lounge
- Naturalist guide and prime wildlife viewing sites
Where will Petrel take you?
- 8 Days/7 Nights: Isabel, Fernandina and Centrals Islands
- 8 Days/7 Nights: Central and Genovesa Islands
- 6 Days/5 Nights: Isabela and Fernandina Islands
- 6 Days/5 Nights: Central and Southern Islands
- 5 Days/4 Nights: Genovesa and Central Islands
- 4 Days/3 Nights: San Cristobal, Espanola and Floreana
Click here to download deck plans and specific suite details
Please enquire for more information on different voyages and detailed itineraries.