For well over a century, the colonial-style, three storey Strand has been welcoming visitors. Today it has a reputation for being one of Southeast Asia’s most distinguished hotels.
Like great art and fine wine, some hotels only improve with the passage of time. Built right at the end of the Victorian era, the Strand is one such establishment. The hotel revels in its grand colonial splendour, its near-mythical status and its five star luxury. As one of its modern-day guests, you will be able to relax and sink into the reassuring cushion that ultimate comfort, impeccable service and immaculate amenities provide.
Your suite will feature reminders of the past as well as modern facilities; teakwood floors and hand-carved bed frames. Burmese lacquerware and colonial cane furniture. Stylish bathrooms and accommodating sitting areas. Floor-to-ceiling windows with grand views. Even a dedicated butler - giving your luxury, tailor-made holiday to Myanmar the feeling of a state visit.
The Strand, at a glance
- A five star, colonial hotel in the grand manner
- Historic, restored Victorian mansion on the banks of the Yangon River
- Choice of 31 suites with en suite bathrooms, sitting areas and floor-to-ceiling windows
- King size beds and expansive bathrooms
- 24 hour butler service
- Superb Strand Restaurant with a colonial dining room and world menu
For leisure and pleasure
- Swimming pool
- The historical Sarkies Bar
- Wonderful spa with polished teak floors and treatments ranging from Body Elixir rituals to traditional Myanmar massages
- Location that puts you at the heart of downtown Yangon
- Easy access to the main commercial and diplomatic districts
- Close to all the cultural, shopping and sight-seeing opportunities of this vibrant city