Comprising an eight-bedroom safari lodge and working cattle ranch, Sosian promises a unique and quality Kenyan safari at the heart of Laikipia.
Encompassing a sitting room, dining area, bar and billiards room, the original ranch house is now the focal point of the homely Sosian Lodge. An expansive wraparound veranda commands gorgeous views across the beautiful landscape, with the Ewaso Narok River running through the southern section of the ranch. The eight cottages are scattered throughout the gardens, and offer plenty of privacy and comfort. Each has a veranda furnished with cedar-wood lounge chairs, where tea or coffee is laid out each morning.
As well as its own livestock, Sosian supports a wide diversity of wildlife and birds including lion, giraffe, zebra and elephant. In addition to riding safaris on well-schooled horses, you can explore on day and night game drives, bush walks, camel rides and fly camping excursions. Fishing, kayaking and river swimming are also on the menu, as well as cultural visits to neighbouring villages. Sosian’s heated pool is a popular retreat between activities, with lunch and evening BBQs often laid out under the shade of the large pool house.
Sosian, at a glance
- Luxury safari lodge and working cattle ranch dating back to the 1940s
- Blend of tourism, conservation and traditional cattle ranching in Laikipia’s highlands
- Eight natural stone and wood cottages with ensuite bathrooms
- Private verandas
- Rustic-style interiors with Argentinian furnishings, local rugs and cedar wood floors
- Meals served in the dining room, by the pool and by the Ewaso Narok River
- Employs over 100 people from the neighbouring communities
For leisure and pleasure
- Swimming pool and pool house
- Unique horse-riding and camel safaris
- Day and night game drives, bush walks, birdwatching and fly camping
- Fishing, kayaking and river swimming also on the menu
- Cultural visits to nearby villages
- Tennis court and snooker room for your leisure hours