La Residence is just an hour’s drive from Cape Town but feels a world away hidden amongst the sprawling vineyards and pretty orchards of Franschhoek.
This is a place of true serenity, set in a beautiful valley with a spectacular outlook over the rolling countryside and mountains beyond. From the sparkling chandeliers to the South African art pieces that adorn the walls, La Residence oozes sophisticated yet characterful luxury. There are only 16 suites at this sumptuous hideaway. From the French antiques of the Hibiscus suite to the deep orange hues of the Tibetan suite, each has their own unique charm and flair.
Stay at La Residence on your luxury, tailor-made holiday to South Africa, and you’ll find yourself in the vicinity of dozens of wine estates and some of the country’s top restaurants. As well as sampling culinary delights, your days here can be spent exploring the valley by bike, enjoying private wine tastings, visiting art galleries and strolling through the vineyards of the property’s 30-acre estate. The adventurous can also choose from helicopter and horseback tours.
La Residence, at a glance
- Luxury hideaway set on a private 30-acre estate in the heart of Franschhoek Valley
- Opulent décor featuring Indian chandeliers, vaulted ceilings, original artwork, large mirrors and antiques
- 11 suites and 5 vineyard suites, all individually styled and luxuriously furnished
- All suites have large balconies or verandas that survey the vineyards and mountains or the manicured lawns and dam
- Exceptional attention to detail and attentive service
- Delicious cuisine prepared using fresh, local and seasonal ingredients and paired with complimentary wines from the property’s own vineyards
- Dine indoors in the Great Hall – a sight to behold with its Victorian tiles and crackling fireplaces – or alfresco in the Persian Alley overlooking the green lawns
For leisure and pleasure
- Beautiful spa with air-conditioned treatment rooms
- Fully-equipped gym
- Several art, culture and gourmet festivals to enjoy throughout the year
- Explore boutique wineries and enjoy wine tasting with expert sommeliers
- Road trip, helicopter and horseback wine tours
- Learn about the wine-making process at family-owned farms
- Admire the unspoilt Cape Dutch architecture of Franschhoek Village
- Experience the incredible food and wine of the Franschhoek Valley, the ‘culinary capital’ of South Africa with a variety of cuisines to choose from
- Fly fishing in the Wemmers River
- Take a dip in the property’s gorgeous infinity pool with wonderful views over the landscape