A safari should be a mixture of fun and adventure, wild animals and peaceful moments. At Camp Kalahari you’ll find relaxation is also part of the equation.
Wander alone along the meandering shores of the mighty Makgadikgadi Salt Pans and you’ll be following in the footsteps of an illustrious explorer – Jack Bousfield – who roamed through the virtually uncharted region guided only by a 19th century sketch. He saw its remote and mysterious beauty – something you’ll discover for yourself as you watch the sun gleaming off the vast saltpan and see the heat haze shimmering above of its glittering whiteness.
Make Camp Kalahari a destination on your luxury, tailor-made holiday to Botswana and you’ll also discover a camp that is dedicated to helping you relax and have fun, whilst showing you a fascinating diversity of wildlife. The area borders an ancient super lake, and sits adjacent to the richness of the Makgadikgadi National Park.
Camp Kalahari, at a glance
- Very relaxed and family-friendly safari camp beside the mysterious Makgadikgadi Salt Pans
- Choice of individual tented lodges on raised decks – some with their own private pool
- Canopied double beds
- Rustic furnishings include original African and campaign-style furniture, colonial antiques and regional textiles
- Delicious home-style food served in the rustic, comfortable dining area
For leisure and pleasure
- Day safaris and night time game drives
- Surrounded by acacias and the Mokolwane palms of Hyena Island
- Experienced guides and trackers, ready to answer wildlife questions
- Desert experiences