If you believe in treading lightly in sensitive areas, whilst seeing wildlife in its natural habitat, make Kwando Tau Pan part of your luxury, tailor-made holiday to Botswana.
At night you can drive deep into the bush to watch nocturnal creatures going about their daily activities. Hunting, feeding, mating and fleeing predators. Or you can lounge on the open deck of your thatched lodge, gazing up at the heavens and marvelling at the sheer volume and brightness of the stars, when there’s no light pollution to obscure your view.
During the day, you can photograph the fascinating creatures of the Central Kalahari on a choice of safaris. Between drives, simply soak up the sun and admire the horizon-wide panoramas. And all the time you can be sure that your safari is ecologically sound. The Tau Pan – the first semi-permanent camp to be built in Central Kalahari - uses solar power, recycling water systems and renewable materials throughout.
Kwando Tau Pan, at a glance
- Small, extremely ecological safari camp
- First in Central Kalahari
- Thatched lodges for just 18 guests
- Nine double-sized guest rooms and one family room
- Environmentally adapted en suites, recycling water from beneath the sands
- 100% solar powered
- Excellent camp food, prepared by expert chefs and served in the camp’s safari-style dining room, plus picnics and brunches
For leisure and pleasure
- Overlooking a permanent watering hole for excellent photo opportunities
- Night drives and game safaris deep into the Central Kalahari
- Nature walks with expert Bushman trackers
- Day trips to Deception Valley, Sunday, Piper and Passarge Pans
- Excellent star gazing
- Brunches and picnics out in the bush
- Knowledgeable guides and trackers