Hardly a Tarzan experience, but you do stay amongst the treetops, in an island treehouse, with sweeping vistas of the surrounding floodplains and wildlife.
Tarzan certainly would not have expected to live a life so luxurious in his treetop abode. But put Kwtesani Camp on the itinerary of your luxury, tailor-made holiday to Botswana and you’ll be staying amidst fragrant palms, mangosteen and giant fig trees. Our home-from-home will be a beautifully furnished treehouse chalet with every luxury – including a walkway leading to a cooling plunge pool and inviting sun loungers.
You’ll soon be on nodding terms with the neighbours too. Kwetsani Camp puts you in the perfect place to see lion, cheetah, tsessebe, red lechwe and wild dogs – even rarely sighted leopard can occasionally be seen in the area. Bird enthusiasts are equally well served; African skimmers, wattle crane, slaty egrets and rosy-throated longclaws are frequent visitors.
Kwetsani Camp, at a glance
- Perfectly placed on a wooded island in the central region of the game-rich Jao Concession
- Just five treehouse chalets created using thatch, wood, glass, canvas and…fresh air
- En suite bathrooms
- Safari and campaign-style furnishings
- Super comfortable beds
- Walkways to a plunge pool and sun loungers
- Sweeping views of the floodplains
- Large, cool dining room and thatched lounge
For leisure and pleasure
- Morning and afternoon game drives in 4x4 vehicles giving everyone a clear, outside view
- Night drives to observe porcupine, aardwolf, serval, genet and bushbaby
- Boat safaris depending on water levels
- Two hides for quiet game viewing or sleep out experiences
- Outstanding bird watching on both land and water
- Traditional Mokoro dugout canoe excursions