Explore the teeming flood plains, the wide open grasslands, woodlands and savannah. Watch owls fishing, lions, leopards, elephants…and all before breakfast!
You’re awoken gently, with a cup of freshly brewed coffee. It’s a quiet start to the day’s adventure, but prepare to be thrilled. You’re going on an early morning safari to one of the most diverse and exciting game regions of Botswana.
Your guide takes you to see elephants having their first drink of the day. He points out the huge numbers of birds – there are over 450 species here, including the rare Pel’s fishing owl – as well as giraffe, zebra, situtunga antelope, lechwe, hyena, leopard…
And then it’s back to camp for a hearty breakfast and to plan the next adventure.
Nxabega Okavango Tented Camp, at a glance
- An oasis setting in a riverine forest, beside the Okavango Delta
- Great diversity of natural habitats
- Nine luxurious safari tents shaded by African ebony trees
- En suite showers and burnished teak floors
- Raised platforms with broad viewing decks
- Elegant guest area and dining room with open views over the flood plains
For leisure and pleasure
- Swimming pool
- Day and night game drives to watch animals at their most active
- Water safaris in power boats or mokoro dug out canoes
- Over 450 different species of aquatic and land birds
- Interpretive walks with an experienced tracker giving fascinating insights into bush life