Lying in a riverine forest near the permanent channels of the Okavango Delta, Nxabega offers an enchanting water and wilderness experience with exclusive access to a 25,000-hectare wildlife concession.
As well as the excitement of viewing big game on land, Nxabega’s guides will lead you into the heart of the delta to explore its lagoons and floodplains by boat and traditional mokoro (dugout canoe). You’ll be able to drift past elephants and hippos having their first drink of the day, photograph huge numbers of birds – there are over 450 species here, including the rare Pel’s fishing owl – and catch glimpses of giraffe, zebra, sitatunga antelope, lechwe, hyena and leopard.
This intimate camp is made up of nine elegant safari tents raised on wooden platforms, each with a private deck overlooking a floodplain frequented by local wildlife. The magnificent main building, constructed in timber, reed and thatch, has a dining room, sitting room and expansive deck with sweeping views of the grasslands and mopane woodlands. There’s also a swimming pool framed by shaded loungers for unwinding in between excursions.
Nxabega Okavango Tented Camp, at a glance
- Luxury camp well-positioned on a private wildlife concession in a remote corner of the Okavango Delta
- Bordering the famous Moremi Game Reserve
- Surrounded by waterways, expansive lagoons and reeded floodplains
- Nine classic safari tents shaded by tall African ebony trees
- Understated, East African safari-style decor
- Large en suite bathrooms with indoor and outdoor showers, flush toilets and burnished teak floors
- Elegant thatched guest area and dining room with open views over the flood plains
- Inviting living room with wooden coffee tables and soft couches
- Beautiful meals served under the stars around a large communal dining table
For leisure and pleasure
- Swimming pool and sundeck with shaded salas
- Day and night game drives to watch animals at their most active
- Water safaris in powerboats or more traditional mokoro dugout canoes
- Over 450 different species of aquatic and land birds
- Interpretive walks with an experienced tracker offer fascinating insight into bush life
- Browse the safari shop
- Fishing expeditions