How will you view the Savute Channel – as an obstacle, refuge, larder or danger zone? Or an unrivalled opportunity to see life in the wild?
Savuti Camp gives you an unrestricted view of the famous Savute Channel, from the vantage point of a luxurious, walk-in tent on a raised platform.
Animals, of course, have a different viewpoint. After being little more than a broad ribbon of protective vegetation for almost two decades, the waters returned to the channel just a few years ago, and now it teems with a huge diversity of wildlife who use it in various ways. For some - hippos and elephants, for example - it is a place of pleasure. For others it’s a watering hole and for their predators it’s a hunting ground. The result for humans is an unbeatable wildlife spectacle, enacted on a daily basis.
Savuti Camp, at a glance
- An isolated setting on the incomparable Linyanti private reserve
- Overlooking northern Botswana’s Savute Channel
- Just seven walk-in safari tents on raised platforms
- En suites and extensive channel views
- Thatched dining area serving great local dishes
For leisure and pleasure
- Plunge pool and fire pit
- Raised viewing platform overlooking the game in the Channel
- Day and night drives to explore the Savute Channel and its environs
- Walking safaris with professional guides
- Choice of hides for close-up game viewing in safety
- Spectacular range of seasonal animals – from aardwolf and aardvark to leopard and cheetah