Savuti Camp offers you an unrestricted view of the famous Savute Channel, from the vantage point of a luxurious, walk-in tent on a raised platform.
This isolated camp is located along the Savute Channel in the heart of the private Linyanti Reserve in northern Botswana. The waters returned to the channel just a few years ago, and it now teems with a huge diversity of wildlife including a large number of predators, huge elephant herds and a good concentration of plains game. The game viewing at Savuti, both along the channel and surrounding woodlands, is exceptional, especially during the drier winter months.
There are just seven spacious and elegantly appointed tented rooms raised on wooden decks, each with views over the pristine landscape. The camp also has a thatched living and dining area, a bar and a small plunge pool. There are a number of well-placed hides for up-close elephant viewing, as well as a waterhole close to camp which attracts large numbers of wildlife. Activities include day and night game drives in open 4x4 safari vehicles, as well as bush walks and seasonal boating and fishing trips. Those feeling extra adventurous can take a helicopter ride over the reserve for the ultimate vantage point!
Savuti Camp, at a glance
- Classic tented camp with a remote setting on the incomparable Linyanti private reserve
- Overlooking northern Botswana’s Savute Channel which acts as a magnet for the region’s wildlife
- Just seven walk-in safari tents on raised platforms with extensive channel views
- Full ensuite bathrooms with copper basins
- Thatched dining area serving great local dishes
- Excellent raised wooden viewing platform overlooking the Channel
- A spectacular range of seasonal animals – from aardwolf and aardvark to leopard and cheetah
For leisure and pleasure
- Day and night drives to explore the Savute Channel and its environs
- Walking safaris with professional guides
- Seasonal boating and catch-and-release fishing
- Choice of hides for close-up game viewing in safety
- The concession is a recognised IBA (Important Bird Area), making for outstanding birding opportunities
- Spend a night under the stars at one of the camp’s elevated Star Beds
- Helicopter trips at an extra cost
- Facilities include a plunge pool and fire pit