Beneath canvas (and the shade of ebony and mangosteen trees), Shinde is a classic safari camp, with traditionally styled tents and plenty of modern refinements.
If you put Shinde on the itinerary for your luxury, tailor-made holiday to Botswana, you just might want to bring along a pith helmet. It wouldn’t feel out of place in this classic safari camp, with its tented rooms raised high on wooden platforms, its ancient mangosteen and ebony trees, its canvas-roofed lounge and natural materials. But look around your room and you’ll find no detail has been overlooked. A flashlight, for example, is ready to hand should you want to venture onto your private viewing deck in the middle of the night and try your hand at ‘lamping’ wildlife.
So, classic – yes, and with an old fashioned attention to detail. But Shinde also offers many totally up-to-the-minute comforts to accompany its phenomenal wildlife viewing and bird watching.
Shinde, at a glance
- Classic safari camp nestling in a private concession on a wooded island in the Shinde Lagoon
- Just eight twin or double bedded tents in the traditional style
- En suite bathrooms with hot and cold running water and flush conveniences
- Private viewing decks
- Superb views over the delta or game-rich grasslands
- Beautiful, multi-tiered lounge and dining room serving up first class food and unrivalled lagoon views
For leisure and pleasure
- Inviting swimming pool
- Game drives with expert guides
- Night drives with spot lights to reveal nocturnal wildlife
- Half and full day safaris and bush picnics
- Bush walks with experienced and armed trackers
- Fishing trips for tilapia and tigerfish
- Mokoro and motorboat exploration to discover incredible bird, plant and reptile life