Nestled on a lush palm island in the heart of the northern Okavango Delta, Shinde is an iconic camp, one of the first in Botswana and loved by many.
The new Shinde is built in a way that pays homage to its former self. Located on the edge of the Shinde Lagoon, the area simply teems with animal and birdlife.
Rebuit in 2020, Shinde offers many totally up-to-the-minute comforts to accompany its phenomenal wildlife viewing and bird watching. The camps unique main area is built in a “treehouse style” comprising of lounges, dining areas (indoor and outdoor) and a fire deck all with beautiful views over a permanent lagoon and under the shade of ebony and mangosteen trees. The décor of the new camp can be described as “the best of nature within an authentic safari design – still with the understated, friendly and intimate."
Shinde, at a glance
- Just seven spacious en-suite tents and a family en-suite tent with two bedrooms, sleeping five guests
- En suite bathrooms with hot and cold running water and flush conveniences
- Private viewing decks
- Superb views over the delta or game-rich grasslands
- Beautiful, multi-tiered lounge and dining room serving up first class food and unrivalled lagoon views
For leisure and pleasure
- Inviting swimming pool
- Game drives with expert guides
- Night drives with spot lights to reveal nocturnal wildlife
- Half and full day safaris and bush picnics
- Bush walks with experienced and armed trackers
- Fishing trips for tilapia and tigerfish
- Mokoro and motorboat exploration to discover incredible bird, plant and reptile life