Framed by sausage and ebony trees near the Boro River, this exclusive camp is set on a 260,000-acre private concession to the south of the world-famous Moremi Game Reserve.
There are just 10 classically styled, ensuite safari tents, each with a private balcony and hammock from where you can watch game wandering past camp. A raised central ‘boma’ also offers guests sweeping views across the plain. Delicious, freshly prepared meals are served alongside these exquisite views, as well as prime South African wines.
The camp offers some of the very best game viewing to be had in the Okavango. The immediate area is sanctuary to buffalo, lion, leopard, cheetah, wild dog and, uniquely, a group of semi-habituated elephants, which can be accompanied on walks through the camp’s ‘Living with Elephants’ project. Several hyena dens are also located close by. A wide variety of activities include bush dinners, mokoro canoe excursions, game drives and the opportunity for night drives and bushwalking safaris with an armed professional guide.
Sanctuary Stanley’s Camp, at a glance
- Exclusive, colonial-style safari camp set in a 260,000-acre private concession
- Excellent location just on the border of the Moremi Game Reserve
- Shaded by great ebony trees
- 10 traditional safari and individually designed tents overlooking the Okavango flood plains
- Classic colonial decor with African antiques
- Ensuites and large wooden viewing platforms with hammocks
- Large lounge and beautiful dining ‘mess’ serving great cuisine
- Enjoy bush brunches alongside the elephants
For leisure and pleasure
- See the world through an elephant’s eyes with the camp’s ‘Living With Elephants’ experience
- Located close to several hyena dens
- Watch passing wildlife from the swimming pool area
- Set out on both day and night drives
- Walking safaris to follow spoor and read bush signs with expert trackers
- Fabulous water-borne safaris in mokoro traditional canoes
- Huge richness of game and Africa experience
- Scenic helicopter flights
- Browse the small library and curio shop