From your own, private plunge pool you have a superb view of a range of wildlife enjoying their own, not-so-private, bathing pools on the Okavango floodplains.
Make Vumbura Plains part of your luxury, tailor-made holiday to Botswana and you never need miss a moment of possible game viewing. It seems that anywhere, and everywhere, you stand you can soak in massive views across countryside that includes the world-renowned floodplains of the Okavango Delta.
Your own lodge will be perched high on a raised platform, giving you a commanding view of the surrounding environment. You will dine beneath a shady canopy of trees, in a luxurious dining area and lounge, with open sides giving uninterrupted views of the passing wildlife. And even night time is great for watching an impressive display. There’s a viewing platform above the floodplains – perfect for star gazing, or simply listening to nocturnal animals calling to each other across the darkness.
Vumbura Plains Camp, at a glance
- Eco-retreat overlooking the Okavango floodplains
- Choice of 14 luxurious rooms arranged in two separate satellite camps to make the most of the mixed habitats
- Individually decorated rooms raised above the floodplains on large wooden decks
- Private plunge pools and salas
- Impressive views from just about everywhere in camp
- Full en suite bathrooms, plus indoor and outdoor showers
- Shaded dining area with wide open views
For leisure and pleasure
- Great habitat mix means wide variety of species
- Excellent predator viewing practically all year round
- Elephant, giraffe, impala, sable, antelope, kudu, zebra, waterbuck, wildebeest, red lechwe and Cape buffalo
- Lion, leopard, cheetah, wildcat, hyena and African wild dogs
- Phenomenal birding year round
- Day and night game drives
- Mokoro excursions, fishing and nature walks
- Cultural excursions