A lake almost 100 km long, speckled with 30 forgotten islands – some with ancient monasteries. Wonderful sunsets. And, of course, Kuriftu itself.
Lake Tana has to be one of the memory high points of any tailor-made holiday to Ethiopia. Which makes the Kuriftu Resort & Spa a natural choice when you’re planning your itinerary. Set on the banks of the lake, the Kuriftu Resort is in an enviable position. The lake begs to be explored. So a boat will take you off to visit some of the 30 islands, to discover timeless monasteries and churches. Back on shore, you can cool off in the resort’s large pool, bask on the sun terrace and indulge in gourmet local cuisine, served in an elegant restaurant overlooking the water.
Kuriftu, at a glance
- Excellent resort and spa in a wonderful setting on the banks of Lake Tana
- Located just 550 km from Addis Ababa
- Choice of 28 suites arranged in charming stone bungalows, surrounded by luxuriant gardens
- Large private verandas with day beds for relaxing
- Large screen satellite TVs
- Big, tented beds complemented by stylish-yet-rustic decor
- Delicious cuisine, combining regional specialities with international dishes, served in a restaurant overlooking the lake
For leisure and pleasure
- Large, inviting swimming pool with sunbathing terrace in the centre of the resort
- Spa with a number of well-appointed treatment rooms
- Boat excursions across the lake to visit interesting island monasteries
- Cultural visits to discover the ceremonial robes and mummies of Ethiopia’s ancient rulers
- Trips to the thunderous Blue Nile Falls