Manda Bay is a small privately owned boutique lodge located on the northern tip of Manda Island in the Lamu archipelago. An ideal destination for beach holidays, or as a way of unwinding after a safari in the Masai Mara.
Surrounded by empty beaches and woodland, this secluded, unpretentious retreat is perfect for families, couples or groups looking for simple luxury combined with the exclusivity of a desert island. Constructed in the traditional coastal style, and complete with palm thatch roofs, the bedrooms all have direct access to the beach and the beautiful sweep of Manda Bay.
The reef-protected waters and sheltered mangrove creeks of the bay are a water sports paradise - sailing, windsurfing, kite surfing and water-skiing are all available - but the resort’s fleet of motorboats can also take you bird watching and deep-sea fishing.
Manda Bay combines bush and beach experiences. While soft yellow sand and coconut palms surround the lodge, the bush behind is dry country proving a haven for the local wildlife. Hosting a large number of birds as well as mongoose, civet cat, porcupine, genet, dik-dik, buffalo and bush buck. Humpback whales are seen in October and dolphins from December to March.
Manda Bay, at a glance
- Eleven Beach Front rooms and six Sea View rooms
- Garden Rooms available for families
- Lounge and bar area on the waterfront
- Infinity pool offering views of the bay
- A spacious games room
For leisure and pleasure
- Enjoy a private dinner under the stars
- Traditional Sundowners can be arranged on the nearby sand dunes
- Fresh seafood delivered by local fishermen
- Water skiing, sailing, windsurfing, kite-surfing, snorkelling
- Deep sea fishing excursions
- Game drives and bird watching