The first place in the Mara to watch the great migration. The best place to see game year round – including the Big Five, the Little Five and the Ugly Five.
You hold your breath. In the lens of your camera is one of Africa’s most dangerous animals. The buffalo stares back, ponderously assessing you. Meeting any of the Big Five – buffalo, elephants, rhinos, lions and leopards - is a life-defining moment, but the Little Five can also give you a sense of wonder. Rhino beetles, buffalo weavers, ant lions, leopard tortoises and elephant shrews don’t have the physical presence of their namesakes, but they’re just as mesmerising. Similarly, you wouldn’t want to miss the Ugly Five – vultures, Marabou stork, hyenas, baboons and warthogs.
Make Sala’s Camp part of your luxury, tailor-made holiday to Kenya and you’ll encounter all sorts of marvellous animals, as well as witnessing the great migration across the Masai Mara – one of nature’s most astounding events.
Sala’s Camp, at a glance
- Traditional tented safari camp set in the southern corner of Kenya’s mighty Masai Mara
- Close to the game-rich confluence of the Sand and Keekerok rivers
- Choice of just seven luxury tents – including a honeymoon tent - accommodating a maximum of 16 guests at any one time
- All tents have en suite bathrooms with hot showers
- Hardwood floors and wide open terraces bringing the outside inside
- Hammocks and outside dining
- Restaurant area with all round views, serving first class regional and international food
For leisure and pleasure
- Ideal camp to watch the coming of the great migration of wildebeest and zebra
- Year round game viewing, including all the ‘Fives’
- Range of safaris and game drives, with close up encounters with big cats a speciality
- Outstanding birdwatching
- Hot air balloon trips over Africa’s greatest plains
- Unrivalled star gazing
- Bush breakfasts to watch the Maru come alive
- Sundowners and stories around the camp fire