The explorer David Livingstone called it ‘The Lake of Stars’. Had he explored Pumulani, he’d have pronounced it the Lake’s brightest star.
What makes Pumulani so brilliant? It overlooks the sparkling waters of Lake Malawi, for a start. Its hillside setting will give you a perfect view of the sandy beach at your feet and beyond – across the turquoise waters towards the far horizon.
Then there is Pumulani itself. As well as having the setting, the facilities and luxuries that make it a prime destination in its own right, this idyllic African beach lodge makes the ideal spot for a between-safaris break.
Explore the marine life of the lake, laze on soft sand, experience the thrill of watersports, indulge in fine cuisine…it’s all yours at Pumulani.
Pumulani, at a glance
- Nestling in picturesque forested hillsides, overlooking the shores of Lake Malawi
- Choose from eight villas, a honeymoon chalet or a family suite sleeping four
- En suites, sitting rooms and private decks overlooking the lake
- Lodge with restaurant serving international cuisine in elegant surroundings
For leisure and pleasure
- Beautiful infinity edge pool
- Extensive sandy beach
- Great diving and watersports including: sailing, kayaking, waterskiing, wake boarding and fun tube rides
- Fishing expeditions, and dhow sailing
- Walking safaris to track monkeys, hyrax, bushbuck and klipspringer
- Bird watching for bee-eaters, eagles, hawk-eagles, trogons and flycatchers plus migrating species
- Guided walks to local villages and community centres