Tour Bazaruto and you’ll discover a beautiful island with an interesting history. Stretch out on the beach at Anantara and you’ll find perfect relaxation.
There are three obvious ways to appreciate the true nature – and the unspoiled beauty - of Bazaruto Island, just off the coast of Mozambique. You can set off in a 4x4 vehicle on a guided tour of the island, taking in Bazaruto’s beauty spots, the sites showing its rich trading history and local villages revealing the colourful social life of the islanders.
Or you could take to the sea to meet dolphins, whales, turtles and dugongs – either in a boat or by scuba diving.
Or you could simply relax and let the resort work its magic. Chill on the magnificent beach. Sip sundowners and drink in the view from your private terrace. Experience all three and you’ll be delighted you chose Anantara on your luxury, tailor-made holiday to Mozambique.
Anantara, at a glance
- Beautiful, beachfront resort on an exquisite Indian Ocean island
- Choice of 44 luxury villas arranged beside the pool, on the beach or overlooking the Indian Ocean
- Eco-construction using natural woods, reeds and soft-fringed thatch
- Huge, four poster tented beds
- Bedrooms with floor-to-ceiling windows opening onto private terraces with sun loungers
- Elegant en suite bathrooms
- Superb views of the beach, sea, gardens or pool
- Many villas have separate lounge areas
- Local and world-flavoured cuisine
For leisure and pleasure
- Superb beachfront adults-only swimming pool, plus family pool
- Pampering spa with hydro equipment and a wide range of wellness treatments
- Fitness centre
- Brilliant scuba diving and probable encounters with whales, dugongs and turtles
- Boat safaris to see dancing dolphins
- Deep sea fishing
- Wake boarding, water skiing and beach volleyball
- Sunset cruises aboard a traditional dhow sailing boat
- Professional cookery classes
- Beach barbecue parties
- Excursions to Paradise Island and 4x4 tours of Bazaruto