A table set just for you, beneath a white umbrella on a deserted beach. Even if you’re not a romantic, you could easily fall for Azura Benguerra Island.
You’re staying on a deserted island so perfect it fits everyone’s image of the castaway’s tropical haven. If you were to be shipwrecked, this is the place to be beached. Miles of fine white sand arch away along a shoreline of ultramarine sea. On the horizon, white-sailed dhows ply their trade. Palm trees provide shade and a background whisper of branches swaying in the cooling breeze. In short, this is the ultimate destination on your luxury, tailor-made holiday to Mozambique.
Especially as the resort itself is exclusive and supremely comfortable. The experience is unforgettable. The villas all have their own pools and the beach is but a few steps away. The cuisine, meanwhile, is an irresistible combination of fresh seafood, regional specialities and contemporary delights.
Azura Benguerra Island, at a glance
- Luxurious beach-side resort on an unspoiled tropical island
- Surrounded by a protected Marine National Park
- Choice of just 20 villas, all with their own private pools
- Superb views of the Indian Ocean
- Jekka thatched roofs and locally-sourced wooden beams
- Gardens with indigenous plants and fragrant flowers
- Private shaded sun decks and en suite bathrooms with dressing rooms
- Tented king-size beds
- Butler/host service available
- Open restaurant offering ocean views and serving exquisite food
For leisure and pleasure
- Spa with signature treatments including African body butter wraps and massage with mongongo nut oil
- Outstanding diving and snorkelling over the beautiful reefs of a marine paradise
- Watch migrating whales, dolphins and even rare and protected dugongs
- Turtles nesting on the outer shores
- Sports fishing for tuna, sailfish and marlin
- Safaris across towering dunes to wildlife-rich bush and lakes with crocodiles
- Birdwatching including flamingo observation
- Cultural visits to meet the locals