Who says encountering animals in the wild, or watching birds in their natural habitat, has to be anything less than completely comfortable? Why does having an authentic wilderness adventure mean sacrificing the luxuries that make a holiday so relaxing?
At Okonjima Luxury Bush Camp you live the natural experience, but you stay in a beautiful private African chalet, with a thatched roof and a bedroom wall that opens to give you a sensational 180° view of the passing wildlife and birds. There’s a sumptuous open dining area and bar with outdoor and indoor fireplaces, a secluded swimming pool and a watering hole nearby for unrivalled game-watching and excellent photo opportunities. That’s before you even embark on the thrilling game drives that are such a big part of Okonjima.
Okonjima Bush Camp, at a glance
- Wilderness setting, 3km from the main camp
- Just eight thatched, African-style chalets with thick ochre walls, panoramic wildlife views, private bathrooms, day beds and watering tables that attract birds and small wildlife
- Honeymoon suite with two double beds, bathtub and outside African shower, plus a fireplace
- Superb restaurant area with open bushveld views
For leisure and pleasure
- Unrivalled wildlife viewing from your own chalet
- Camelthorn pod Lapa and swimming pool
- After diner game drives and nocturnal watch for porcupine, caracal and honey badgers
- Bird watching including over 250 different species
- Leopard and cheetah viewing opportunities
- Large carnivore tracking on foot
- Bushman trail, including artefact-making
- Self-guiding nature trails