If you were to choose Sausage Tree Camp for your honeymoon – even your second or third honeymoon – you would not be disappointed. White, Bedouin-style tents - appointed with fine linen and lit by candles - stand on teak decking. Before you lies the inlets and islets of the mighty Zambezi; a wilderness wonderland with the Zambezi Escarpment providing a monumental backdrop.
And if your idea of romance is seeing wild animals in their natural environment, you will be thrilled. Lion, leopard, wild dogs, hyena, waterbuck, zebra, impala, kudu and bushbuck all roam the region. Elephant, hippo and buffalo regularly wander into the camp itself!
Sausage Tree Camp, at a glance
- Unrivalled setting in the heart of the Lower Zambezi National Park
- Choice of luxurious tents with en suites and safari-style décor
- Teak floors and magnificent views out over the Zambezi
- Superb, chef-prepared cuisine
- Dining options include ‘feet in the river’ and al fresco dining area
For leisure and pleasure
- Highly experienced guides and camp staff
- Great choice of safaris
- Game viewing by water or 4WD drives
- Bush walks with licensed guides for detailed insight
- River safaris by powered boat or canoes
- Unparalleled bird watching tours
- Fishing expeditions