Get up close and personal with safari wildlife at this 12 guest safari lodge. dine under the stars every night and marvel at the proximity of the teaming watering hole every morning.
Few places in Africa bring you into such close – almost casual – contact with wild animals and a huge selection of colourful birds. This is the genuine African bush safari experience with the emphasis on seeing game rather than spending precious hours searching for it.
At Tena Tena you stay in traditional – but accommodating – tents hidden in the bush. You can roll up the sides and watch elephant families from your bed. Down by the river you’ll find hippos in abundance. You can safari just a few kilometres and see all manner of game – including giraffe and leopard.
Tena Tena, at a glance
- National park setting beside the Luangwa River
- Proper safari tents in a grove of trees and bushes
- Close to a game-rich watering hole
- Regular visits by elephants
- Abundance of wildlife with a minimum of trekking
- Six individual tents for 12 guests with teak verandas and bathrooms
- Large tented lodge
- Dinners served beneath the stars overlooking the river and watering hole
For leisure and pleasure
- Safaris to see game and leopards
- Game walks or drives
- Open vehicles with 360° viewing
- Fabulous birding opportunity
- Morning/afternoon and day drives with bush picnics
- Guided walking safaris with up-close, expert insight
- Cultural visits to Kawaza village and local settlements