Situated literally on the river, Tongabezi is just upstream from the world famous Victoria Falls. The romantic atmosphere that surrounds the place is evident in the attention to detail that this lodge offers.
Even if you’re not on honeymoon, or celebrating a special occasion, you cannot fail to feel the romantic ambience of Tongabezi.
This secluded setting features hidden-away houses and cottages with teak decking, tented double beds and verandas that stand on the edge of the mighty river. You can dine beneath the trees with your toes almost in the water. Or on a floating sanpan.
And you can fill your days with trips to nearby Victoria Falls, or Livingstone Island. You can even opt to stay in Tangala House or on Sindabezi – a private island with an exclusive river camp.
Tongabezi, at a glance
- Riverbank setting just upstream of the stupendous Victoria Falls
- Choice of Tongabezi houses and cottages; chalets on Sindabezi private island or suites in Tangala House
- Houses and cottages have valets
- Sindabezi has five open-sided, thatched chalets
- Tangala House sleeps eight and includes staff and private use of vehicle and boat
For leisure and pleasure
- Visits to Victoria Falls, just 15 km upstream
- Sunrise/sunset river cruises
- Over 145 species of birds and ‘local’ elephant herd (Tangala House)
- Trips to Livingstone Island – scene of David Livingstone’s first Falls sighting
- Sanpan candlelit dinners
- Guided bush walks
- Game drives into Mukuni Park
- Cultural visits to Simonga village and Maramba’s market
- Extra activities include helicopter and Micro light flights over the Falls
- Chobe National Park tours
- Gorge swinging and bungee jumping
- Canoeing and jet boating