Which will impress you most? The cheetah’s blinding speed, the aardvark’s goofy charm or Samara’s setting in a natural amphitheatre?
In front of our eyes, the cat turns into a blur of speed. Your camera is on its fastest setting, but will it capture the combination of speed, poise and intent that is a cheetah hunting at full stretch? And cheetahs aren’t the only creature that commend the attention of your lens at Samara. There are aardvark, vervet monkeys and baboons. There are miniscule shrews, mongooses, bats and bat-eared foxes, otters and polecats, genet, leopard, hyena, rhinos, giraffe and zebra. Plus over 200 bird species, from eagles and owls to woodpeckers and weavers.
Visit Samara and you have the chance of seeing them – and helping conserve them for the future.
Samara Game Reserve, at a glance
- A 70,000 hectare, malaria-free, private game reserve nestling between majestic mountains and the Great Karoo
- Choice of three styles of accommodation
- Karoo Lodge has a choice of lodge suites opening onto a wrap around veranda; traditional cottages with outdoor showers; two suites with private bathrooms and shared veranda
- The Manor offers four luxurious double suites
- Self catering Mountain Retreat for 10 guests
For leisure and pleasure
- Sunset game drives
- Explore four different biomes: Nama-Karoo, Plateau Grassveld, Savannah and Thicket
- Thinking safaris based on conservation
- Walking and landscape safaris
- Special children’s activities
- Aardvark safaris
- Extensive bird watching
- Rock art and prehistoric fossils discovery tours
- Spa treatments