Housed within the top six floors of a historic, 1920s grain silo, The Silo Hotel boasts an unparalleled location on Cape Town’s bustling waterfront.
Following careful restoration and remodelling, the property retains much of the old silo’s original structure with the addition of striking newer features including geometric, floor-to-ceiling windows. Sitting above the Zeitz Museum of Contemporary Art Africa, the whole property is an eye-catching feature of Table Bay harbour, providing easy access to the attractions of the waterfront.
When you’re not exploring Cape Town you can enjoy the many facilities of the hotel. Take afternoon tea overlooking Table Mountain, enjoy a guided tour of the Zeitz Museum or enjoy a dip in the rooftop glass-sided swimming pool. Head to the fourth-floor spa for personalised treatments from an expert therapist, or drink in sparkling city views from the rooftop champagne bar. Guests are accommodated in 28 tastefully appointed rooms, including one beautiful penthouse, with chic, contemporary furnishings and dramatic ocean and city views.
The Silo Hotel, at a glance
• Remarkable five-star hotel overlooking Cape Town's historic V&A Waterfront
• Occupying six floors above the prestigious Zeitz Museum of Contemporary Art Africa
• Built from the grain elevator section of a historic silo complex dating back to the 1920s
• The industrial exterior juxtaposes the vibrant, eclectic interiors
• Exposed concrete walls and original artwork
• 28 rooms including a stunning one-bedroom penthouse with Table Mountain or harbour views
• Various bars and restaurants including the Granary Cafe, Silo Rooftop and Willaston Bar
• Member of the Royal Portfolio
For leisure and pleasure
• Rooftop swimming pool and champagne bar
• Private sky terrace
• Afternoon tea overlooking Table Mountain
• Guided tours of the Zeitz Museum of Contemporary Art Africa
• Spa with a sauna, gym and dedicated manicure and pedicure area
• Private dining
• Within steps of the waterfront’s cafes and restaurants
• 24-hour concierge