Roll back the canvas walls of your safari tent and you have the untamed Katavi National Park spread out before you. Not a bad way to start the day.
As a human being you will be in the minority amongst the creatures that roam at will across the bushland and plains of Katavi National Park. Which is good news for dedicated safaristis, since it means you’ll have great access to the best viewing spots to watch, for example, vast herds of buffalo numbering as many as 4000 individuals – and the formidable prides of lion that stalk them.
As part of your luxury, tailor-made holiday to Tanzania, a safari from Chada Camp is virtually irresistible. Along with watching the big cats, elephants, buffalo and prodigious birdlife you’ll have the sensation of living in an authentic tented safari camp, sleeping out in fly camps deep in the bush, tracking with expert guides and drinking sundowners round the campfire.
Chada Camp, at a glance
- Authentic safari camp in a remote area of Katavi National Park
- Permanent setting in a little-visited region rich in game
- Choice of spacious safari tents standing on raised wooden platforms
- Roll-back canvas walls for superb views, light and cooling breezes
- Furnished terraces for lounging and game-watching
- En suite conveniences reached by private walkways, plus outdoor showers
- Traditional safari-style furnishings and superbly comfortable beds
- Camp food served in a dining tent with great views through nearby trees
For leisure and pleasure
- Set in dried-up Chada Lake and surrounding floodplains
- Unrivalled game viewing around Katuma River, with huge herds of buffalo and elephant
- Big cat watching including lion, cheetah and leopard
- Crocodile and hippo
- Game drives in open-sided vehicles – perfect for photography
- Walking safaris with expert guides to find smaller game
- Camp accessible by light aircraft on Mondays and Thursdays from Arusha, Mahale or Ruaha