You’ll appreciate this new approach to going on safari. It’s a way of seeing the animals, up close, without doing away with your creature comforts.
If a safari is your idea of the perfect, tailor-made holiday, you should make tracks for the Singita Mara River Camp in the Serengeti National Park.
The Singita Mara is a new camp, on the banks of the wildlife-rich Mara river - and it’s a fresh concept in safari holidays. With only 16 visitor-beds for over 98,000 acres of nature reserve, it offers pared-down visitor numbers. So you receive the attention you deserve, and you meet the creatures you want to observe without putting undue pressure on the environment.
So be prepared to wake up in a luxurious, netted bed with views of the plains on all sides of you, through rolled-up tent walls. And be ready to meet hippos, elephants, crocs and big cats, giraffe, wildebeest…
Singita Mara River Camp, at a glance
- Luxurious safari camp beside a majestic river in the Serengeti National Park
- Just six guest tents offering ‘off the grid’ sustainability
- Fantastic, at-one-with-nature views over the park and river
- Natural stone, wood, canvas and leather furnishings by local craftsmen using traditional Masai patterns
- Tented, open air restaurant and lounge
For leisure and pleasure
- Plunge pool and sun deck overlooking the river
- Fantastic base to observe the annual wildebeest migration
- Day time Land Rover safaris
- Bush walks with experienced and knowledgeable guides
- Night drives with spotlights
- Local community collaboration projects