The stone walls, lawns, verandas, stately period furniture and atmosphere of an Edwardian manor house – set in 350,000 acres of African wilderness.
With its high ceilings, four poster beds, period décor, ornaments and old fashioned silverware you will be reminded of Edwardian stately homes – or at least the colonial equivalent. But step onto your private veranda and soak up the immenseness of the rolling plains stretching to the horizon beneath a gigantic sky, and you’ll be in no doubt you’re in Africa.
Tanzania to be precise, staying at the heart of a vast private estate where the entertainment isn’t cricket on the local village green – it’s going on game drives and safaris to encounter the local wildlife. Or taking a hot air balloon ride across the Serengeti. Or riding a horse to track bigger game than foxes!
Singita Sasakwa Lodge, at a glance
- Set on a private, 350,000 acre conservation area
- Nine luxurious cottages plus one private retreat
- Cottages vary from one to four bedrooms and typically feature en suite bathrooms with dressing areas, lounges with fireplaces, air conditioning, veranda with spotting scope, infinity pool
- Private Retreat has four bedrooms plus nanny flat with two e suite bedrooms
- Excellent cuisine served in an elegant dining room
For leisure and pleasure
- Twice daily game drives with professional guides
- Night safaris including star gazing
- Spa, yoga and gym
- Tennis and lawn croquet
- Horse back trekking
- Mountain biking
- Hot air balloon rides