Will you recognise yourself? When you encounter your first mountain gorillas you will become spellbound. By the latent power of the gentle giants. By the sheer size of one of the massive silverbacks. By the privilege of being so close to such astounding creatures. And, perhaps, by the flicker of recognition of the soul behind the eyes of the brute. A pet dog will occasionally look at you with understanding, but that is nothing compared to the genetic knowledge you can glimpse in the face of a fully grown gorilla.
One of the most remote and atmospheric camps in Africa – standing in a UNESCO World Heritage Site – Gorilla Forest should be an integral part of your luxury tailor-made holiday to Uganda. Especially if you want to meet mountain gorillas.
Gorilla Forest Camp, at a glance
- Unique camp standing high in the mountains of Bwindi Impenetrable Forest
- Choice of just eight tents with thatched roofs and canvas walls
- Private verandas giving unrestricted views of the surrounding forest
- All with two queen-sized beds
- En suite bathrooms with huge bath, looking out onto the jungle canopy
- Observe fantastic birds while soaking in the bath!
- Personal attendant to serve you sundowners
- Occasional visits from curious gorillas
- Great cuisine served in a dining cottage overlooking the mountains, plus open-air dining by the campfire
For leisure and pleasure
- Tracking through unspoiled mountain rainforest to encounter rare gorillas
- Superb birdwatching including over 350 different species
- Tracking forest elephants, monkeys, baboons and chimpanzees, giant hogs and duikers
- Game drives to Ishasha to see tree lions, hippos, elephants, buffalo and warthogs
- Meet and interact with local Batwa Pygmy communities
- Cultural walks to local banana beer breweries, tea farms and Batwa villages
- Consult a traditional medicine man and learn about natural remedies