A truly magnificent hideaway, The Residence Zanzibar delivers a winning combination of luxury pool villas, fabulous restaurants and a superb location on Zanzibar Island.
Set in palm trees with breathtaking vistas across the Indian Ocean, the Residence Zanzibar is an elegant island retreat with a wide range of activities. There are 66 modern villas in total, all wonderfully appointed and each boasting its own plunge pool. The Presidential Villas are particularly impressive; over 460 sq km in size with outdoor showers, a dining room, lounge and huge deck with unbeatable ocean views.
There are two restaurants serving both international and locally inspired cuisine, but you can also opt to dine in the privacy of your own villa. When you’re not lounging on the beach or by the gorgeous, glass-sided infinity pool, you could be out discovering historic and natural treasures with local guides, swimming with dolphins, kite surfing or deep sea fishing. You could even explore the local surroundings on one of the complimentary bicycles provided to each guest upon arrival.
The Residence Zanzibar, at a glance
- Luxurious, all-villa resort set on Zanzibar Island
- Set in tropical, landscaped gardens and fringed by a pristine beach
- Choice of 66 contemporary villas with private swimming pools
- Stylish, modern décor inspired by the Island’s European, African and Omani heritage
- Four-poster beds, French doors and freestanding bathtubs
- Garden, beach or ocean views
- Two restaurants, The Dining Room serving delicious international cuisine, and the Pavilion, where meals are inspired by the island’s Indian, Arabic and Mediterranean influences
For leisure and pleasure
- Wide range of water-based activities, such as deep sea fishing, diving, snorkelling, and kayaking
- Other activities include dolphin safaris and dhow cruises
- Explore historic Stone Town
- Spot red colobus monkeys in the Jozani Forest Reserve
- Tennis and volleyball courts
- Beachfront infinity pool with glass walls
- Beautiful spa set in tropical gardens with six treatment pavilions, a whirlpool, sauna and steam room, offering a range of therapeutic and beauty treatments
- Fitness centre and water sports centre
- Weekly complimentary yoga classes
- Kids Club
- Boutique and gift shop