Boasting some of the best guides in the country, you’ll find Camp Hwange situated on a private concession in the quiet northern reaches of Hwange National Park.
Carefully crafted from canvas and thatch, the camp’s eight airy chalets overlook a permanent waterhole, making for some superb up-close sightings when the wildlife come down to drink. The decor is traditional safari style – writing desks, wooden storage trunks and walk-in showers – with the addition of a small veranda where you can enjoy stunning sunrises. From your tent, follow the sandy path to the open-plan main area where you’ll find a large communal dining space, well-stocked bar and plush lounge. The outdoor fire pit is the focal point of camp, the perfect spot to share stories about the day’s events whilst enjoying sundowners and tasty canapes.
The highlight of a stay at Camp Hwange has to be the outstanding level of guiding - highly professional, experienced and with a great love of the natural landscape within which they work. They will lead you as you track big game on foot, teach you to identify the unique calls of different birds and help you to spot elusive nocturnal creatures on exciting night drives.
Camp Hwange, at a glance
- Luxury safari camp located on a private concession within Hwange National Park
- Overlooking a permanent waterhole where animals often come to drink
- Exclusive safari experience with just eight comfortable chalets accommodating a total of 16 guests
- The use of natural materials helps to blend each chalet into the surrounding bush
- Ensuite bathrooms fitted with solar-heated showers, washbasins and separate flush toilets
- An outstanding guiding team led by one of Zimbabwe’s leading guides
- All the hot water and electricity is powered by solar energy
- The main lodge, with its thatched roof, is made up of a spacious lounge and restaurant
- Meals are often served communally, followed by drinks around the campfire
For leisure and pleasure
- Experience exciting day and night game drives within Hwange National Park
- Discover smaller animals and insects on guided walking safaris
- Enjoy socialising with other guests around the outdoor fire pit
- Watch for wildlife unobtrusively from the woodpile hide in front of the camp
- Birdwatching excursions and photography safaris can also be arranged