Chikwenya has a truly scenic location surrounded by wildlife-rich floodplains, the majestic Zambezi River and the dramatic mountains of the Rift Valley escarpment.
Well situated on the eastern boundary of Mana Pools National Park, the camp is framed by beautiful mahogany and albida trees which provide some much-needed shade during the midday heat. The property itself is made up of seven tents - two of which are dedicated family units - linked together by wooden walkways and raised slightly above the ground on wooden decks. The main area of camp features a cosy lounge, dining area and bar where you can relax and socialise with other guests between activities. The swimming pool is purposely positioned for wildlife spotting as you unwind.
Located within a private concession, you’ll enjoy access to a variety of game-rich habitats, from forest to verdant floodplains. Day and night game drives, canoeing and boating are all great ways of experiencing the region’s abundant bird and wildlife, but the highlight has to be the on-foot adventures for which Mana Pools is renowned. Enjoy tracking wildlife along the Zambezi with expert guides, eyes out for buffalo, leopard, lion, zebra and hippo.
Chikwenya, at a glance
• Small, classic tented camp situated in a private concession on the eastern edge of the game-rich Mana Pools National Park
• Located at the confluence of the Sapi and Zambezi Rivers overlooking Chikwenya Island
• Spectacular views of the Zambezi and Rift Valley escarpment
• Seven luxury timber and canvas tents, including two family units
• Four-poster beds, open-plan bathrooms and private decks with sunken seating areas
• Minimalistic interiors with wooden furnishings and handcrafted touches
• Raised main area with an indoor/outdoor lounge, a dining and bar area
• Open seasonally between April and mid/late November
• Intimate, personal service with a fantastic level of guiding
For leisure and pleasure
• Swimming pool purposely positioned for spotting passing wildlife
• Incredibly rich birdlife
• Try your hand at catch-and-release fishing on the Zambezi River
• Experience day and night game drives
• Spectacular sunset river cruises and canoeing opportunities