Little Makalolo Camp offers a big game viewing opportunity. You can drive out to meet the wildlife, or sit still and let it come to you!
Put Little Makalolo Camp on the itinerary of your luxury, tailor-made holiday to Zimbabwe and you’ll be placing yourself at the centre of one of the most profuse game viewing areas in the whole of the country. The camp is set in the heart of the Hwange National Park – an extremely game-rich region. Secondly, the camp actually overlooks a very busy watering hole – so seeing and photographing ‘trophy’ animals is almost guaranteed. Especially in the dry season. when the need to drink brings animals in very close.
The local camp guides are also very knowledgeable about the activity around any number of near and far watering holes; so your camera will be busy; especially if you are an avid bird watcher, with over 400 different species to spot.
Little Makalolo Camp, at a glance
- Luxurious bush lodge in the heart of game-rich Hwange National Park
- Just six rooms, limiting visitor numbers
- Solar power lowers eco-impact
- All rooms have en suite facilities that include indoor and outdoor showers
- Great food served in a bush-themed dining room
- Convivial and comfortable lounge area
For leisure and pleasure
- Inviting plunge pool
- Log pile hide overlooking a busy watering hole
- Open fire pit for evenings – and tales - around the campfire
- 4x4 vehicles for game drives
- Safaris to neighbouring watering holes
- Bird watching in different habitats, including teak woodlands
- Guided nature walks with local expert rangers
- Game includes elephant, buffalo, lion, leopard, wild dog and cheetah