With its dreamy ocean views, ‘beach house’ aesthetic and mouth-watering Pacific cuisine, there’s a charm to Capella Lodge that sets it apart from the rest.
Not least its location above Lover’s Bay on the gem that is Lord Howe Island. The property’s lounge areas, restaurant, horizon pool and suites all look out across a turquoise lagoon to the ocean and mountain peaks beyond. The lodge has a free-flowing, understated style, with nine contemporary suites that echo the beauty of their natural surroundings - think washed wood floors, white shutters and a mix of tropical and mariner chic. All suites boast luxurious king beds and ensuite bathrooms with oversized rain showers.
Capella Lodge puts its guests on the doorstep of the southern-most coral reef in the world, and many blissful days can be spent swimming, snorkelling and diving alongside rich marine life. Other activities include glass-bottom boat rides, lounging on beautiful beaches and exploring scenic hiking and biking trails, spotting local wildlife en route. Back at the lodge, you can dine on fine regional cuisine at the light and airy restaurant - the island’s most famous dining spot complete with far-reaching views. There’s also a spa where treatments range from post-climb massages to facials.
Capella Lodge, at a glance
• Intimate, nine-suite haven with stunning ocean and island views on Lord Howe Island
• Perched above Lover’s Bay
• Contemporary suites with muted colours, custom furnishings and ‘beach house’ decor
• Plush towels, king beds with luxurious bedding, baths and oversized showers
• Daily housekeeping and turndown service
• Indoor and outdoor lounge areas
• Expansive terrace and open bar
• Excellent restaurant with expansive views and first-class cuisine
For leisure and pleasure
• Horizon swimming pool
• Picnic and barbeques
• Small but serene spa offering a variety of relaxing and restorative treatments
• Snorkelling and scuba diving on the world’s southernmost coral reef
• Relax on beautiful beaches
• Feed the fish at Ned’s Beach
• Explore a number of scenic walking trails
• Spot local wildlife
• Bicycle rides
• Kayaking and glass-bottom boat rides
• Sunset drinks on the terrace