Timber platform suites with a touch of luxury, yes. But the real focus is on exotic birds and teeming wildlife.
Your Safari Suite is built on a raised platform that blends quietly into the surrounding savannah bush, and stands on the very edge of unspoiled floodplains – a natural playground for a huge variety of birds and indigenous wildlife. So you can expect close encounters with nature in its many forms. Dawn will break to a raucous medley provided by blue-winged kookaburras, soon to be followed by the haunting calls of whistling kites and huge clouds of magpie geese. You will see water buffalo splashing through the wetlands, crocs, dingos, wallabies, possums and any number of reptiles.
Bamurru Plains, at a glance
- Working buffalo farm in a nature-rich setting on the edge of the Mary River floodplain Three hours from Darwin and Kakadu National Park
- Nine Safari Suites on raised timber platforms
- Luxury en suite showers and supremely comfortable beds
- Lodge serving delicious home cooking, using local produce whenever possible
For leisure and pleasure
- One of Australia’s most significant ecosystems at your feet
- Extraordinary diversity of birdlife
- Unrivalled wildlife-watching
- Cruises along the Sampan River and mangroves
- Optional fishing trips and helicopter flights
- Aboriginal culture tours