The Woodman Estate is a charming country hotel nestled within fifty acres of rolling pastures and bushland on the edge of a magnificent private lake – the perfect destination for a relaxing getaway.
The hotel is set amidst extensive gardens and features a timeless, elegant décor complete with ornate cornices, stained glass windows and antiques. The luxurious rooms and suites are all individually designed and come in three styles. Garden Rooms feature bushland and garden views, whilst Spa Suites overlook the lake and boast spa baths and mahogany four-poster beds. The stunning Lakeside Chalets are perched on the lake’s edge and offer an expansive outdoor deck in addition to a private lounge, marble ensuite and open fire.
The Woodman’s Restaurant is a true highlight, specialising in modern Australian cuisine and inspired by regional and seasonal produce. You can dine in the Victorian-style dining room or out on the veranda, both of which offer dazzling lake views. Days here can be spent indulging in the region’s wonderful gourmet food and wine, taking strolls in the garden or enjoying some of the outdoor activities on offer such as fly fishing, rowing and tennis.
Woodman Estate, at a glance
- Secluded country hotel on the Mornington Peninsula, on the edge of a peaceful lake
- Enclosed by lovely rose gardens, box hedges and sweeping lawns
- Just 10 guestrooms in total
- Garden Rooms and Spa Suites are both located in the Lodge & Manor House
- Lakeside Chalets feature a large outdoor deck, sumptuous lounge, marble bathroom and fabulous lake views
- Spa Suites offer lake views in addition to an ensuite bathroom and spa bath
- Garden Rooms overlook the garden
- All rooms have flat screen TVs, Wi-Fi and free parking
- Acclaimed restaurant open daily for breakfast and Thursday to Sunday for lunch and dinner
For leisure and pleasure
- Relaxing wellness retreat overlooking the lake, with twin treatment rooms offering an impressive range of massages, facials and body spa treatments
- Enjoy fly fishing, rowing, golf and tennis
- Explore the surrounding vineyards and sample award-winning wines
- Sample the hotel’s signature high tea with jam made on the estate
- Set off to explore nearby galleries and quaint seaside villages
- Relax by the fire in the cosy Drawing Room