Surrounded by bright sand beaches on the flower-shaped islet of Motu Tautau, Le Taha’a is the most enchanting hideaway, blending barefoot luxury with traditional Polynesian charm.
This exclusive Relais&Chateaux resort is the quintessential South Pacific paradise complete with thatched huts strung out across the sparkling turquoise waters of the South Pacific. Comprising just 58 suites and villas - mostly overwater bungalows - crafted from traditional Polynesian materials, it’s the perfect setting for a dreamy honeymoon or other celebratory occasion. Located on the secluded islet of Motu Tautau, expect an unsurpassed view of Bora Bora’s silhouette on one side and the lush shores of Taha'a on the other.
With a coral garden just steps away, it's little surprise that snorkelling is one of the most popular activities here, but you can also try your hand at kayaking, paddle boarding and water-skiing. Back on dry land, you can explore the island on hiking trails and jeep safaris or head straight to the infinity pool, tennis court or delightful spa. When you’ve worked up an appetite, there are three restaurants where you can sample Tahitian delicacies and French-Polynesian fusion cuisine.
Le Taha'a Island Resort & Spa, at a glance
- Traditional Polynesian-style resort set on a private islet off the western coast of Taha’a in the archipelago of the Society Islands
- Dreamy views over turquoise lagoons, green volcanic peaks and the ocean
- Rooms crafted from traditional Polynesian materials including woven coconut ropes, bamboo and thatched pandanus roofs
- Overwater bungalows have glass tables, outdoor showers and private terraces leading into the ocean
- Beach villas have separate living areas, plunge pools and private tropical gardens
- Three restaurants serving a choice of international fare, Tahitian delicacies and French-Polynesian cuisine
- The first member of Relais & Chateaux in the Islands of Tahiti
For leisure and pleasure
- Wonderful snorkelling in the coral garden just steps from the resort
- Kayaking, paddle boarding and water-skiing
- Romantic sunset cruises
- Excursions to a vanilla plantation, pearl farm and rum distillery on Taha’a, just a five minute boat ride away
- Spa offering traditional Polynesian massages
- Hiking trails and jeep safari tours
- Floodlit tennis court