Bordering an idyllic turquoise lagoon, this expansive resort sits amid 30 acres of lush, tropical gardens on the island of Tahiti.
One of the highlights of any stay at the InterContinental Resort Tahiti is its superbly romantic lagoon-side setting, conveniently close to the international airport. Here, guests find themselves surrounded by luscious gardens and spectacular views of the volcanic peaks of Tahiti’s sister island, Moorea.
Accommodation comprises a series of lagoon and garden-view guestrooms and suites, alongside thatched overwater bungalows modelled on traditional Polynesian houses. Tastefully decorated, they all boast a lovely terrace or balcony, whilst the bungalows have private platforms from which you can directly step off into the warm waters of the lagoon.
Alongside a wide range of water sports, yoga sessions and whale-watching excursions, facilities at the resort include a serene spa, tennis courts and two freshwater infinity pools nestled amid colourful indigenous plants. You can discover a subtle mix of Tahitian cuisine at Te Tiare and gourmet French fusion food at Le Lotus, or sip signature cocktails in the lively Tiki Bar.
InterContinental Resort Tahiti, at a glance
- Expansive luxury resort set on 30 acres of tropical gardens on the west coast of Tahiti
- Panoramic views over the clear ocean and volcanic peaks of Moorea
- 246 lagoon and garden-view guestrooms and suites, beautifully decorated
- Overwater bungalows modelled after traditional Polynesian houses
- Private terraces or balconies
- Locally renowned onsite restaurants and vibrant tropical bars
- Just 10 minutes from Tahiti’s international airport
For leisure and pleasure
- Two beautiful infinity pools, one with a swim-up bar
- 300-square-metre Deep Nature Spa offering massages and beauty treatments inspired by international and Polynesian techniques
- Wide range of water sports including kayaking, jet-skiing, water-skiing, snorkelling and scuba diving
- Two tennis courts
- Explore the resort’s fish-filled ‘lagoonarium’
- Browse for handicrafts at the local market
- Hiking and off-roading adventures
- Whale watching excursions, dolphin cruises and deep sea fishing
- Island tours and day trips by ferry to the neighbouring island of Moorea
- Traditional Tahitian dance shows