Nestled in idyllic countryside close to Cradle Mountain, Eagles Nest Retreat and its luxurious, self-contained villas offer the ultimate escape from the bustle of city life.
The property itself is surrounded by a working dairy farm in north-western Tasmania. Accommodation comes in the form of just three individual buildings known as Nest I, Nest II and Nest III. Open-plan and individually designed, each offers its occupants true privacy as they immerse themselves in this beautiful rural setting.
Built from Tasmanian timber and furnished by local suppliers, amenities include self-catering kitchens, large stone fireplaces, LCD flat screen TVs, luxurious spa baths and outdoor hammocks – a comfy spot from which to contemplate the landscape. Large windows make the most of the spectacular views. When you’re not relaxing in your private abode, practising yoga or indulging in a deep tissue massage, you can head out on birdwatching excursions or explore nearby Cradle Mountain. At night, gather around the fire pit to stargaze and roast marshmallows.
Eagles Nest Retreat, at a glance
• Luxury spa farm stay set on a 20-hectare property in northern Tasmania
• Three self-contained buildings overlooking a lake
• Nest I is a two-storey hexagonal building accommodating four people
• Nest II caters for up to eight and has five-metre high windows opening onto majestic views of Mount Roland
• Nest III, inspired by a South American Finca, accommodates up to six people
• Superb views through floor-to-ceiling windows
• Open-plan with bedrooms, bathrooms, fully equipped kitchens, open fires and private courtyards
For leisure and pleasure
• Indoor and outdoor spas
• Explore nearby Cradle Mountain
• Qualified massage therapists
• Experienced yoga teacher
• Private chef available
• Outdoor fire pit