Thanks to the opening of some of the best hotels in the world, Dubai has become a destination in its own right. With perfect winter weather and a wide white-sand beach, it makes great sense to rest here and catch your breath.
Here's our top 10 suggestions of things to do in Dubai...
Top Ten Things To Do
- Stay put. The sunshine is glorious, the hotel pool large and the standards of service impeccable.
- Cross the Creek, the birthplace of Dubai's commerce, on board an abra (small ferry boat).
- Souk shop for spices or go for gold.
- Go wadi bashing along dried up river beds through landscape that looks as if it has been torched by a mighty blow lamp.
- Play a round of golf on championship courses.
- Take a thrilling 4WD trip over the vast, desolate storm of dunes, tilting and tipping at heart-thumping angles.
- Watch a horse or camel race.
- Visit the old town called Bastakiya, with its ruined fortress, small museum and a handful of distinctive wind towers.
- Splash about in the Wild Wadi waterpark, next to the Jumeirah Beach hotel. There are 24 interconnecting slides - including the tallest and fastest outside the USA - for all stomachs.
- Go clubbing. British DJs - Fat Boy Slim et al - are often on duty and Thursday is the big night out.
View our Dubai holidays to find out more.