Framed by beautiful riverine forest, Gomoti Plains Camp sits spectacularly beside seasonable floodplains in Botswana’s Okavango Delta.
Gomoti Plains is well placed for enjoying a wide range of both land and water-based activities in this unique inland water system. The surrounding concession is sanctuary to a plethora of wildlife from plains game to predators. Activities include game drives, bush walks and enchanting mokoro canoe excursions - a fantastic way of getting up close to the region’s leopards, cheetah, wild dog, lion, buffalo and birds.
The property’s safari-style canvas tents are havens of eco-luxury with outdoor showers and all the modern comforts attached. The main area of camp is an inviting space, light and airy with lovely views over the Gomoti River and trees beyond. The lounge is scattered with comfy sofas and chairs, and there is also a swimming pool and outdoor area where a campfire is lit each evening.
Gomoti Plains Camp, at a glance
• Classic eco-camp set alongside floodplains in the Okavango Delta
• Located in a private concession
• Two family tents and eight double tents in a modern safari style
• Furnishings include comfortable beds, standing lamps and comfy sofas
• Ensuite bathrooms with double washbasins, large mirrors and separate toilet and showers
• The decor is in muted greens, greys and beiges
• Light and airy main area with a simply styled dining room and cosy lounge
For leisure and pleasure
• Day and night 4WD game drives
• Mokoro canoe excursions
• Motorboat trips
• Guided walks with armed trackers
• Browse the ‘curio’ tent for clothes, local artefacts and books
• Swimming pool and sun loungers overlooking the river