Immerse yourself in the planet’s most biodiverse savannah from the secluded, luxurious comfort of Pousada Trijunção.
This charming eco-lodge puts you at the heart of the Brazilian Cerrado, an extraordinary wilderness home to some 13,000 plants, 482 reptiles and amphibians, 251 mammals and 850 different bird species. Set on its very own 33,000-hectare reserve, Pousada Trijunção is the ultimate base from which to discover this remarkable wildlife haven. The property consists of just seven suites, and its isolated location will make you feel as though you have this epic wilderness all to yourself.
Guided excursions offer encounters with rare maned wolf, black jaguars, giant anteaters and dwarf caiman. Other activities include kayaking on the Rio Formoso, bird watching and thrilling nocturnal safaris. Children will love the onsite tortoise nursery, as well as the Conservation Breeding Centre where tapirs, emus and peccary are raised before being released back into the wild. Working in partnership with local NGO, Oncafari, guests are able to follow in the footsteps of resident scientists as they work on the conservation of the reserve’s maned wolf. When you’re not tracking wildlife, you can kick back by the pool and watch life in the savannah pass by.
Pousada Trijuncao, at a glance
- Exclusive, environmentally conscious lodge set on its own 33,000-hectare private reserve in the Brazilian Cerrado
- Just seven comfortably appointed, air-conditioned suites with king beds, local handicrafts, 600-thread cotton linens, Trousseau robes and modern amenities
- Restaurant serving dishes inspired by the culinary traditions of Minas Gerais, Goiás and Bahia
- Enjoy barbecues, picnics and breakfasts out on the veranda
- Located on the border between the Brazilian states of Goiás, Bahia and Minas Gerais
- Five hours from Brasilia
For leisure and pleasure
- Follow the work of the Oncafari Project, an NGO that uses ecotourism as a conservation tool to protect the reserve’s population of maned wolf
- On-site breeding centre and tortoise nursery
- Kayaking on the Formoso River
- Night kayaking on Lagoa das Araras in search of the dwarf caiman
- Bicycle tours on specially-designed savannah bikes
- Incredible birdwatching
- Walk through the National Park Grande Sertão Veredas
- Outstanding stargazing opportunities