Phum Baitang, which translates to ‘the green village’ in Khmer, offers a luxurious yet authentic Cambodian experience. Set amongst verdant tropical gardens, this elegant retreat is a fine base from which to explore the treasures of Siem Reap.
Inspired by the architecture and style of traditional Cambodian housing, the hotel’s 45 stilted villas have generously-sized living areas, a garden and terrace, whilst 20 villas benefit from the addition of a private plunge pool. Each villa is fitted with all the modern necessities, as well as lavish bathrooms, stylish furniture and large comfortable beds. Guests can enjoy wonderful views over the hotel’s luscious gardens and rice paddies from the comfort of their rooms.
At Phum Baitang it’s not just the accommodation impresses. You’ll also find a stunning cocktail lounge, set in a century-old farmhouse, and two fabulous restaurants where you can choose to dine on dishes inspired by local Cambodian flavours or delectable international cuisine. Add to the list a gorgeous infinity pool and a serene spa, where treatments call on ancient indigenous healing therapies. But perhaps the hotel’s finest feature is its location. Situated within easy reach of downtown Siem Reap, you’ll have the wonders of the region at your doorstep.
Phum Baitang, at a glance
- An elegant hotel with a quiet and romantic setting amidst gardens and rice paddies
- A fabulous location just 15 minutes from Angkor Wat
- 45 beautiful and spacious stilted villas, 20 of which have private plunge pools
- Tastefully designed interiors reflect traditional Cambodian design
- Amenities include a coffee machine, mini-bar, sound system, flat screen TV and telephone
- Two fine restaurants and a cocktail lounge located within a century-old farmhouse
For leisure and pleasure
- A beautiful 50-metre outdoor infinity pool with an open-air pool bar ideal for relaxing in the Cambodian sunshine
- A tranquil spa with 7 treatment rooms, a steam room, sauna, yoga pavilion and fully-equipped fitness room
- Explore nearby sites including the magnificent temples of Angkor
- Browse the hotel’s boutique shop for handcrafted items made by local artisans
- Learn how to prepare authentic Cambodian cuisine with an on-site cooking class, using rice from the surrounding paddies